The Master of the House had to cook (again). This is becoming an abit (If it is erbs, why not abit?) I like a stew of waterblommetjies with lamb. When I brought home the waterblommetjies, I sensed that the Mistress was not in the mood for lamb. She suggested chicken. Clever husband that I am, I agreed. And what a surprise! Try this, we really enjoyed this one. It is a much subtler dish where the waterblommetjies get the opportunity to play the lead role.
8 deboned chicken thighs, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 packet of bacon, diced
500 g waterblommetjies, cleaned
2 large potatoes, diced and cooked for 8 minutes in the microwave oven (I did not peel them)
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Fry the onion and garlic in oil until soft
2. Add the bacon and fry
3. Add the chicken
4. After a while, add the waterblommetjies
5. Add the cooked potatoes when everything is nearly ready
6. Season with salt, black pepper, lemon juice and zest.
5. Serve with brown basmati rice